Sunday, August 10, 2008

We Made the Move



Well...last night was a huge step for Bubba. He made the move from his little car bed in our room, to his new, super-cool fort bed in his room.

To prepare for the big event, I painted his room dark blue, bought Cars stickers for the wall, and took down the baby pics. It is truly a big boy room, now!

When the bed arrived, the Baby and Bubba played on it for what seemed like an hour, climbing, sliding, and hiding, but when the time came to actually sleep in this wonderful playland, he was less than thrilled. As I began to carefully lay him down to what I imagined would be a long-awaited peaceful nights sleep, he screamed the most horrible of screams.

I tried calming him, but he seemed to be afraid for his life. How, I wondered, could it be so horrible to sleep alone? He was terrified, but I reassured him that I would leave the door open and his Mater night light would stay on ALL night.

At 11:40 pm I heard a thud, followed by little footsteps scurrying down the hall, and that is where I found Bubba, kitty cat, and Lambie. I scooped him up and put him back in his bed. This little midnight walk in the dark continued for the better part of an hour before he decided to stay (or so I thought) in his bed at 12:40.

At 1:06 am I again heard a diaper rumpling down the hall as the child it was attached to walked quickly and quietly. I found him in the kitchen just staring at the reflection of light pouring onto the wall from the outside. Again I scooped him up. At 1:13 I found him by the couch, at 1:18 sitting with the dog, at 1:26 lying in the hallway. This went on until 1:40, at which time I limped into bed, exhausted from being up since 4:30 the day before.

At 2:40 I can't tell you much except that we did the same thing again, but I have no idea how many times I took him back to bed or how long we were up. All I do know is that I woke up at 5:45 am to the Baby whimpering in her sleep and thanking God that he was still asleep.

At 6:15 I heard a sigh coming from the den, and when I went to investigate, I found Bubba trying to use Kitty cat as a pillow as he exclaimed "I poo-pooed!!!"

And to think, the Baby and Belle slept through it all!

No comments: