Monday, August 11, 2008

We Made the Move Part 2


I really don't know what to say about last night. Bubba took a great nap in his big boy bed yesterday afternoon, so I had a glimmer of hope for the night ahead. At 10:20 pm Evander arrived home from traveling, so we locked up and went to bed. At 10:40 Bubba was up and headed down the hall.
I put him back in his bed, but he was up instantly. He was getting up as fast as I could put him to bed. At least the night before, he was giving me a few minutes to breathe. Now, I was standing in the hallway waiting for his next escape.
Finally, at 11:03 I warned him that if he got out of bed I would close his bedroom door. I know...scare tactics should not be used but I was desperate. At 11:04 he was out of bed, so I put him back and closed the door. I minor meltdown occurred, followed by Bubba jumping off the bed and flailing around on the floor.
At 11:06 I put him in his bed and went to sleep. I woke up in a panic, though, when I realized that I hadn't been up with him and it was 4:30 am. Could he have stayed in his bed ALL night? DOUBTFUL! I crept out to the den to find Bubba, kitty cat, and Lambie asleep on the love seat. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know how long he had been there, but I guess I was SO exhausted that I didn't hear him.
Since 4:30 is a potential waking time for him, I decided to let him sleep it out on the couch. Afterall, at least he was sleeping. At 5:00 am I was awoken by a blood-curdling scream from the Baby, followed by a slaming door. If I had awoken in a panic earlier, this awakening had heart attack potential. I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall to find Bubba exiting the Baby's room. The Baby was asleep again, so I think his presence in her room just frightened her. I grabbed him and we hurried down the hall to our room.
I have decided that it must be a control issue with Bubba. If he were afraid wouldn't he come into our room to sleep as he did before? Short of sleeping in the hallway, like a jail cell guard, I don't know how to keep him in his room. It is not ok to have him sleeping on the couch and especially roaming the house while everyone else is sleeping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is great!
MJTRG

Anonymous said...

I had this problem with a cousin of yours. He can remain nameless but we had to put a gate up at night across his door. That way the door was open but he couldn't get out.
Love you,
Your Aunt up north