Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sweet Success and Suckers!

I was afraid of what might happen last night, after Bubba insisted on going to bed at 6:15 pm. I knew he was tired from the night before, but I was hoping to keep him up a little longer. He awoke at 11:00 on the nose and was out the door and down the hall in record time.
I picked him up and swiftly carried him back to bed. When he asked me to sit (meaning sit in the floor until he falls asleep), I said "No, Mommy is going night-night in her bed and Bubba is going night-night in Bubba's bed, but I will be back to check on you." Then I hurried about grabbing a blanket and pillows for what I expected would be another long night. I collected my sleeping pack and realized that there was no Bubba. He wasn't behind me, or in the chair, or in the kitchen, or in the hallway. I carefully peaked into his room to find him fast asleep.
He awoke this morning at 5:30 am after sleeping in his bed all night and ran into our room shouting, "Sucker? Milk? YEA Spencer!" Evander and I praised him repeatedly for staying in his big boy bed, and of course we got that sucker!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Yay!!! I'm glad that everybody had a good night's sleep! Job well done Bubba!