Wednesday, September 22, 2010

SURPRISE!

"Quick...we are in a hurry!!" This is a phrase my children often hear. Ever since I had Peach, it seems as if we are never on time, and last night was no exception. We were running late to Bubba's 6:00 soccer game, so I was pushing everyone out the door.
"Bubba, do you have underwear on?" I asked (another popular phrase in our house).
"Yes" he moaned. Great! We are all set.
As we arrive at the field, I pull Peach from her car seat and plop her down into the stroller. It was our turn to provide snacks (which I had remembered only minutes before), so I toss the Cheez-its and Gatorade into the bottom of the stroller as I coax the older two out of the car.
We then begin the decent to the soccer fields that, at this moment, seem like they could not be further away. I can make out what looks like hunter-green ants in the distance and yell "This way!"
Peach is bumping and hopping up and down as I run down the grassy hill, laughing all the way. Finally we make it, and I find the coach's wife in order to get Bubba's uniform from her.
Bubba is the only one not on the field, so I decide to change him on the sidelines. I strip off his shirt and speedily replace it with his jersey. Next I pull off his shorts and... NO UNDERWEAR! UGH!
I jerk his shorts back up as I say "I THOUGHT you said you were wearing underwear!"
Off we go, running back up the hill to change his shorts. We made it back just as the game started.
Moral of the story: Don't forget your underwear!

No comments: