Friday, September 10, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up




Many things have taken place since I last visited. Bubba's misdiagnosis may be a misdiagnosis. I started nursing school. Baby has left princesses behind in an effort to pursue rock stardom, and Peach will be ONE in less than a week. Oh the Gregory traveling circus continues its tour!!
Bubba, we have decided, may have a dual diagnosis. He has too many Autism Spectrum symptoms (when not on medication) to ignore or to pawn off on another disorder, but we also do not want to put the Attachment Disorder to rest. Therefore, we will address both disorders equally. We have seen a lot of progress with him using attachment parenting, as well as ASD therapies and do not want to do anything that may inhibit that continued progress.
Shortly after I stopped blogging, my father went into the hospital for triple bypass surgery. This is where he stayed for 6 weeks, spending half of that time in intensive care. He left the hospital a very different man than he went in. He now requires round-the-clock care and cannot be left alone. My mother is a saint because she has refused to put him in a home or hire a nurse and has instead decided to take on sole responsibility for his care.
Because of this, in combination with all of my children's health needs, I have felt a need to become a nurse. It is something that I couldn't have done just out of college or even a few years ago. It took life experience for me to come to this decision and this feeling of where I am needed. Therefore, I began school again in May and hope to apply to nursing school in the next few months. So...goodbye elementary school! Hello hospital!


Baby has decided to grow up! She is slowly leaving princesses behind and is now watching things like iCarly and Hannah Montana. She likes guitars, microphones, and high heels. She would rather sing along to Strawberry Shortcakes "RockaBerry" then hum a princess sing-a-long song. This 3-year-old is going on 13!


Six months may have passed but Peach is still very much a baby...my baby. There are many things I believe she can do, but there are many things she refuses to do. Why? Because she is the baby. Why walk when someone will carry you? Why talk when someone hands you whatever you want without asking? She is the complete opposite of Baby at this age, but I must admit...I love it!


Evander is doing well. He is currently training for the Dallas 1/2 Marathon and working like a wild man. He just purchased the family a 6 month old golden retriever named Dodger and is very happy.


Many things have happened in the last six months, but we are like a soap opera. You can turn it off for months at a time, but, when you turn it back on, you pretty much pick back up where you left off!

No comments: