Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Still miss you...

Sometimes I lie awake at night imagining my dad swimming in the pool with my kids or pushing them on the swings at the park.  I wish he could know how much Peach's appetite mimics his own or just how much LJ really resembles him.  I hate that my children will not be able to listen to his childhood memories told in only a way that he could tell or taste his homemade peach ice cream.
It has been a little over 2 years since my father passed away, and I still miss him desperately.  I would love to call him and ask how to repair the drywall in the garage or how he thinks we should remodel the bathroom.  He always enjoyed doing things around the house, and I think he secretly enjoyed when I asked his advice on how to do something in my own home.  I miss his dry humor and his unbelievable humility.  I miss his little smirks and the way he could fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  I miss the unconditional love he had for our family.
I hate that he will not know my children, and they will not really know him.  He will never know how great Bubba is at soccer or how intelligent Baby is.  Yes... I will share stories, memories, and photographs but nothing can take the place of his presence. 

No comments: