Friday, July 10, 2009

Kids Say the Funniest Things


Baby and Bubba have recently become very interested in boy and girl things. During commercials I always hear "Is that for girls?" or "That's not for boys!". They have started asking questions about what girls/boys have that the other may not, what boys/girls play with that the other should not, and what colors mean boy or girl. Bubba is also beginning to realize that certain names almost always indicate the gender of the person (ex: Emily = girl; Bob = boy), while Baby has focused on things that Mommies have/do that others do not.

This new-found interest has made Bubba and Baby pay close attention to strangers in public and has brought up many interesting conversations, thought-provoking questions, and publicly embarrassing comments. On our recent plane ride to Flagstaff, our children made the following comments to COMPLETE strangers:

- (To the man sitting next to me on the plane) "Hi! I'm Baby! When I was a baby I ate from my Mommy's boobies. What's your name?"

- (Bubba to Evander sitting down on the plane) "Daddy, that lady is REAL big!"

- (To the girl sitting next to me on plane home) "Oh... your toe nails are green! Can I get green toes?"

- (Bubba in airport) "Hey Mommy, boys don't wear earrings?" "No, boys don't wear earrings." "That man has earrings! (Pointing to an extremely large man) That man has 2 earrings! Why does he have earrings? Is he a girl?"

There have been many more comments made, but I won't continue. All I can say is thank goodness I'm not easily embarrassed!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm all too familiar with these comments. However, I'm easily embarrassed!