Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School


Well... it has begun again. School started on Monday, and Bubba was actually excited (and a little anxious). He has the same teacher from last year, and several of his friends from last year have joined him as well. They are in the beautiful NEW Frisco Early Childhood Center, and he couldn't be happier. What can I say? The kid loves a routine!

The only frightening moment came when his bus didn't arrive on schedule. Already anxious about the bus ride, I had called the transportation department, checked in the office, and emailed his teacher earlier in the day... all to make sure he was to ride the bus and get off at our house. I was told that he should arrive at my doorstep at 11:15, but that didn't happen. At 11:30 I began to worry. Did he get on the wrong bus? Did they drop him at the wrong place?

So... I called transportation again. This time, I found out that the school let out 40 minutes late! Shoo! I tried to calm my nerves as I anxiously waited by the door. Finally the bus slowed to a halt right in front of our walk, and my big boy got off.

He had a fabulous first day and continues to have a great week. The bus was scary at first, but he is now getting used to it. Now, if I can just get Baby started to school before Peach arrives!

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a big boy coming off the school bus!! I'm so proud of your big preschooler!